- Conveyancing Conveyancing
- Who holds my title deeds? Who holds my title deeds?
- What other considerations are there? What other considerations are there?
- What will all this cost? What will all this cost?
- Online Quotation Online Quotation
- New to house buying in Scotland and looking for more information? New to house buying in Scotland and looking for more information?
We ‘note your interest’ in the property with the selling agents. A note of interest does not oblige you to make an offer so you are not committing yourself in any way. It simply indicates that you are interested in the property and wish to be told if a “closing date” for offers is set. We make enquiries about the house for you, and obtain a copy of the Home Report for you.
When you decide to buy a house, your solicitor usually makes a formal offer on your behalf. The process of offer and acceptance is important, because this is how seller and buyer make their binding contract. The correspondence between both parties – written negotiations called ‘missives’ – contains all the conditions of the purchase and states a date of entry, by which the purchase is due to be completed.< Back to list